Ediston Property Investment Company plc has acquired Citygate, a modern office building in Newcastle, for £18.95 million (net of acquisition costs) from Hanro Limited.
The purchase reflects a net initial yield of 6.57% and will be funded from a combination of cash resources and an increase of £12.42m in the existing debt facility with Aviva Commercial Finance Limited at an all-in rate of 2.95%. The loan-to-value ratio of the Company’s property portfolio following this acquisition will be 29.01%.
Citygate provides 63,524 sq. ft. of modern office accommodation with 70 car parking spaces. It is let to three tenants EY, UNW, and N+D (London) Ltd, guaranteed by Grainger plc, and has a weighted average unexpired lease term (WAULT) in excess of 6 years. Around 89% of the income benefits from upward-only rent reviews in 2017, with the remaining 11% being reviewed in 2018.
As a result of this acquisition, the 13th since the Company launched in October 2014, the Company is almost fully invested.
Calum Bruce, Director of Investment at Ediston Properties Limited, the Company’s Investment Adviser, said: “It is our aim to enhance the portfolio by purchasing regional office buildings which offer solid income streams as well as reversionary potential in the short term. Citygate fits the brief. It is well placed to capitalise on the rental growth forecast to materialise in the city, owing to the favourable supply-demand balance”.